Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lacrosse is a killer sport!

Lacrosse conditioning was killer today! Usually we start with a "leisurely" 4 laps around the DHS indoor track and then go into the hallway to do exercises such as crunches, lunges, squats, wall sits, planks and many more highly enjoyable tasks! When these exercises are completed, each for 1 minute, we sprint the hallways of Davis and try not to die in the process. Sounds wonderful right? Times that by 2 and add in ladder sprints for 10 minutes and you end up with what conditioning was like today. Why am I doing this again?
On the topic of lacrosse, I ordered some pretty cool DHS sweats and a long sleeve warm up shirt. I was so excited to wear them and proudly show off my love for lacrosse. Then i looked at the ship date and saw that they are set to ship on the 25th of February! This was bad enough, but then at conditioning today, our coach announced that since a month was not long enough for the team to all order what they wanted, she extended the date the online store closed until Thursday night. Now my gear isn't coming until like mid March! By then I won't need to wear sweats and a long sleeve shirt! Sheesh!
Besides the joys of lacrosse, my week has been pretty good! I rocked my Algebra 2 quiz with a score of 33/36! For a person that is "math dyslectic" :) that score is pretty good! My excitement grew as everyone around me looked at their scores and mine was the highest! Boo yeah! I am a winner today!
As a happy side note to my day, I saw my trek ma today! I haven't seen her since our reunion in September! On trek she told us that she would not be able to walk the whole way for health reasons. We were all fine with this and worked extra hard to pull without the extra person. This made my trek experience that much more amazing! My family was great and I loved trek. When I saw her today, she told me the reason she was unable to pull and walk the whole way was due to her being pregnant with TWINS! She said she is thinking of ancestor and pioneer names since they are her trek babies!
That is my week so far! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment